This has immediately become our favorite new release by Charvel. The oil rubbed mahogany neck feels incredible, the satin-finished wood grain on the body is beautiful, and these guitars play effortlessly. Excellent fretwork, no neck issues. We were skeptical at first, but this is an instant winner, one of the absolute best guitars on the market in this price range. The whole guitar is mahogany, so these tend to be in the 8-9lb weight range. Bit heavier than your average Charvel, but they're absolute beasts of a guitar.
- Model Name Joe Duplantier Signature Pro-Mod San Dimas® Style 2 HH E Mahogany, Ebony Fingerboard, Natural
- Model # 2976181357
- Series Artist Signature
- Country Of Origin ID
- Color Natural
- Body Mahogany
- Body Finish Satin
- Body Shape San Dimas® Style 2
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Finish Oiled
- Neck Shape Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Black Plastic
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Big Block
- Truss Rods Dual-Action with Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench Yes
- Bridge Pickup Joe Duplantier Signature DiMarzio® Fortitude™
- Neck Pickup DiMarzio® PAF® 36th Anniversary
- Controls Volume
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge Charvel® Fully Adjustable Radius Compensated Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Pickguard None
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
French avant-metal quartet Gojira has cemented itself as one of paramount metal acts of the new-millennium. Led by singer, vocalist, and principal songwriter Joe Duplantier, the band has always dealt in extremes — uncovering light in darkness and finding beauty in heaviness while also searching to expand the sonic palette. Charvel® proudly honors Duplantier with a distinctively elegant and ferocious signature model worthy of those musical pursuits.
Designed with the latest in Charvel high performance, the Joe Duplantier Signature Pro-Mod San Dimas® Style 2 HH E Mahogany captures all of his preferred style and specs, including an all-new pickups. A big fan of DiMarzio’s PAF® 36th Anniversary neck pickup, Duplantier sought something with a slightly more robust low end for his bridge pickup. The all-new Joe Duplantier signature DiMarzio® Fortitude™ humbucking bridge pickup completely respond to his needs — from crushing, heavy riffs to beautiful open soundscapes and everything in between. Combined with the PAF, these pickups deliver vintage tone with a twist.
A raw beauty, the San Dimas body is crafted out of mahogany with a specially contoured heel for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on mahogany neck refuses to budge, despite heavy touring and dramatic climate changes. The heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel makes neck relief tweaks a breeze, while the oiled finish on the back of the neck provides smooth playability. Built for speed, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets with pearloid big block inlays.
Other features include three-way toggle pickup switching, knurled volume control knob in special placement slightly back from playing position, Charvel compound radius compensated bridge with anchored tailpiece and Charvel locking tuners.
Built to take a pounding while delivering pulverizing tone, this signature axe is also easy on the eyes with its Natural finish, chrome hardware, worn nickel pickup bobbins and licensed Fender® Telecaster® headstock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.