Designed in collaboration with world-renowned bass accessory manufacturer Darkglass Electronics, the DarkRay unlocks a whole new range of sonic capabilities.
At the heart of every instrument is its tone: in this case, a modern 2 Band EQ preamp was designed by Darkglass specifically for the DarkRay. This preamp offers three modes with very distinct and useful sounds: Clean, Alpha (distortion), and Omega (fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference. Astonishing clean, slight gain, or a brutal fuzz tone is obtainable, all with no low-end loss. A bright LED ring and the 3-way lever switch indicates which mode the bass is in.
The DarkRay is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, and the familiar 4+1 headstock configuration.
- Model : DarkRay 5
- Size : 13-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood : Select Hardwood
- Body Finish : High Gloss Polyester
- Bridge : Vintage Music Man® top loaded Black plated, steel bridge plate with vintage Black plated steel saddles
- Pickguard : Black
- Scale Length : 34"
- Neck Radius : 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size : Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets : 22 - High profile, wide, stainless steel
- Neck Width : 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at the nut; 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood : Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard : Ebony
- Fret Markers : Dot
- Neck Finish : Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors : Natural
- Tuning Machines : Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Neck Attachment : 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding : Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls : vol, gain, blend, treble, bass
- Switching : 3-way lever distortion selector; Preamp Only, Preamp+Alpha Distortion, Preamp+Omega Distortion
- Pickups : Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings : 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.