The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
By 1963, a new combination of tonewoods married the punch and focus of alder with the warmth added by a round-lam rosewood fingerboard, enhancing the signature Tele® twang. Featuring Pure Vintage ‘63 Telecaster® pickups, triple threaded-steel saddle bridge and a comfortable “C”-shape maple neck, the American Vintage II 1963 Telecaster reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original. Characteristic of production in 1963, this Tele features clay dots (narrow-spaced at the 12th fret), a 7.25” radius fingerboard fingerboard and is offered in three colors: Crimson Red Transparent over mahogany and 3-Color Sunburst or Surf Green over alder.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- SERIES : American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION : Right-Hand
- COLOR : Surf Green
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : US
- HEADSTOCK : Telecaster®
- NECK MATERIAL : Maple
- NECK FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE : 1963 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION : 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL : Round-Laminated Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS : Clay Dot
- SIDE DOTS : Vintage Clay
- NUMBER OF FRETS : 21
- TRUSS ROD : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT : Bone
- NUT WIDTH : 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL : Bone
- BODY : Alder
- BODY FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE : Telecaster®
- BODY MATERIAL : Alder
- BRIDGE : Pure Vintage 3-Saddle Tele® with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE : Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING : 4-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD : 3-Ply Parchment
- PICKUP COVERS : Neck: Chrome; Bridge: Black
- CONTROL KNOBS : Knurled Flat-Top
- SWITCH TIP : Top Hat Style, Black
- HARDWARE FINISH : Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES : Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- STRING TREES : Butterfly
- STRINGS : Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- NECK PLATE : 4-Bolt Serialized
- STRAP BUTTONS : Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP : Pure Vintage '63 Single-Coil Tele®
- NECK PICKUP : Pure Vintage '63 Single-Coil Tele®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION : SS
- CONTROLS : Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING : 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- FRET SIZE : Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- CASE/ GIG BAG : Vintage-Style Brown (Orange Interior)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.