Wolfgang® Special QM, Baked Maple Fingerboard, Charcoal Burst
- Model Name Wolfgang® Special QM, Baked Maple Fingerboard, Charcoal Burst
- Model # 5107701597
- Series Wolfgang® Special
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Charcoal Burst
- Body Basswood
- Body Finish Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape Wolfgang®
- Neck Material Quartersawn Baked Maple
- Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Baked Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
- Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Controls Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Strings EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special QM features a basswood body with an arched quilt maple top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn baked maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special QM is available in Charcoal Burst or Chlorine Burst with cream body binding and chrome hardware.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.