Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is available in Burgundy Mist Metallic (new), Deep Purple Metallic (new), Ice Blue Metallic (new), Ivory, Satin Primer Gray and Stealth Black finishes with a matching headstock. The Burgundy Mist Metallic and Satin Primer Gray models feature black body binding and black hardware, while the Deep Purple Metallic, Ice Blue Metallic and Ivory models feature cream body binding and chrome hardware. The Stealth Black model features cream body binding and black hardware.
- Model Name Wolfgang® Special, Ebony Fingerboard, Stealth Black
- Model # 5107701568
- Series Wolfgang® Special
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Stealth Black
- Body Basswood
- Body Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Shape Wolfgang®
- Neck Material Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rods EVH®-Branded with Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
- Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Controls Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish Black
- Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Strings EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.