The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
During the late ‘50s and early ‘60s, the popularity of Fender musical instruments flourished, and although the Fender assortment had expanded to include many great new instruments, the Stratocaster® reigned supreme. By 1961, the Stratocaster had taken on a more refined aesthetic, with a 3-Color Sunburst reformulated with a more vibrant red and bolder black edge, topped with a 3-ply pickguard accenting the Strat’s signature curves.
Featuring a premium alder body, a trio of Pure Vintage ‘61 Stratocaster pickups and a medium “C”-Shaped maple neck mated with a 7.25” radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1961 Stratocaster reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original. Other appointments include a vintage-accurate synchronized tremolo with cold rolled steel block and bent steel saddles, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and 3-ply pickguard.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- SERIES : American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION : Left-Hand
- COLOR : 3-Color Sunburst
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : US
- HEADSTOCK : Stratocaster®
- NECK MATERIAL : Maple
- NECK FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE : 1961 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION : 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL : Slab Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS : Clay Dot
- SIDE DOTS : Vintage Clay
- NUMBER OF FRETS : 21
- TRUSS ROD : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT : Bone
- NUT WIDTH : 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL : Bone
- BODY : Alder
- BODY FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE : Stratocaster®
- BODY MATERIAL : Alder
- BRIDGE : Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE : Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING : 6-Screw Vintage-Style
- TREMOLO BLOCK : Cold Rolled Steel
- PICKGUARD : 3-Ply Mint Green
- PICKUP COVERS : Aged White
- CONTROL KNOBS : Aged White
- SWITCH TIP : Aged White
- HARDWARE FINISH : Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES : Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- STRING TREES : Butterfly
- STRINGS : Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- TREMOLO ARM : Screw-In
- NECK PLATE : 4-Bolt Serialized
- STRAP BUTTONS : Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP : Pure Vintage '61 Single-Coil Strat®
- MIDDLE PICKUP : Pure Vintage '61 Single-Coil Strat®
- NECK PICKUP : Pure Vintage '61 Single-Coil Strat®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION : SSS
- CONTROLS : Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- SWITCHING : 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- FRET SIZE : Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- CASE/GIG BAG : Vintage-Style Brown (Orange Interior)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.