Made famous by The Beatles’ George Harrison, the 1962 Country Gentleman is the sound of rock ‘n’ roll.
The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones® Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F-holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top, gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Model Name G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby®, TV Jones®, Walnut Stain
- Model # 2401235892
- Series Professional Collection
- Country Of Origin JP
- Color Walnut Stain
- Body Laminated Maple
- Body Finish Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape Country Gentleman®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Standard "U"
- Scale Length 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Vintage Small
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Bridge Pickup TV Jones® Filter'Tron™ Classic
- Neck Pickup TV Jones® Filter'Tron™ Classic
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge Rocking Bar
- Hardware Finish Gold
- Tuning Machines Grover® Imperial™ Die-Cast
- Pickguard Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo
- Control Knobs G-Arrow
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Included: 099-6413-000 Deluxe Case - G6242L - 17" Hollow Body Models
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.