Preorder set to arrive in November
Since first storming the Bay Area thrash metal scene in the early ‘80s, Death Angel evolved as one of the most influential and thriving staples on the metal landscape, largely thanks to the extraordinary fretwork and fast, complex arrangements from founder and lead guitarist Rob Cavestany.
In honor of his boundary-pushing talents and decades of allegiance to Jackson, we proudly present the all-new Pro Series Signature Rob Cavestany Death Angel.
Cavestany’s wickedly offset X-shaped weapon of choice dates back to a design he came up with as a teenager. Like his guitar hero, Randy Rhoads, Cavestany sketched out his vision for an extreme guitar shape on a napkin, and in 1989 that sketch became a reality with a custom-built Jackson guitar that he’s played ever since.
Previously available only as a made-to-order signature model from the Jackson Custom Shop, the Pro Series offering starts with a nyatoh body, with a deep C-cut inner lower horn for unencumbered access to the upper frets. The through-body maple neck features a scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods for rock-solid stability and enhanced sustain. Designed for furiously fast fretwork, the 12”-16” compound radius rosewood fingerboard has 24 jumbo frets, black sharkfin inlays and Luminlay® side dots.
A thunderous EMG® 81 humbucking bridge pickup delivers searing intensity and fluid sustain for lead work that slices through the most dense mixes, while the EMG HA neck pickup provides the widest possible frequency response for clarity, warmth and a rich blend of harmonics — ideal for everything from articulate chording to bright single-coil snap.
Other features include a three-way toggle pickup switch, single volume control, Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons and a dive-bomb-certified Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge.
This menacing signature model comes in a Satin Black finish with black hardware, black neck and headstock binding, and pointed black Jackson six-in-line headstock embossed with a black nickel Jackson logo.
- SERIES : Artist Signature
- ORIENTATION : Right-Hand
- COLOR : Satin Black
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : ID
- HEADSTOCK : Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- HEADSTOCK BINDING : Black
- NECK MATERIAL : Maple
- NECK FINISH : Satin Color Matched
- NECK CONSTRUCTION : Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS : 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL : Laurel
- POSITION INLAYS : Black Sharkfin
- SIDE DOTS : Luminlay®
- NUMBER OF FRETS : 24
- TRUSS ROD : Dual-Action Head Adjust
- STRING NUT : Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- NUT WIDTH : 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL : Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- BODY : Nyatoh
- BODY FINISH : Satin
- BODY SHAPE : Death Angel
- BODY MATERIAL : Nyatoh
- BRIDGE : Floyd Rose® Special Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- PICKUP COVERS : Black
- CONTROL KNOBS : Dome-Style
- SWITCH TIP : Black or Aged White
- HARDWARE FINISH : Black
- TUNING MACHINES : Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- STRINGS : Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- TREMOLO ARM : Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- STRAP BUTTONS : Dunlop® Dual-Locking
- BRIDGE PICKUP : EMG® 81
- NECK PICKUP : EMG® HA
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION : HH
- CONTROLS : Master Volume
- SWITCHING : 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- FRET SIZE : Jumbo
- SCALE LENGTH : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- STYLE : 2 Humbucking
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.