Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The G5420T Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby® features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron™ pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, the G5420T also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back tuning machines, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and a Bigsby® B60 vibrato tailpiece.
This resplendent instrument comes in standout Airline Silver with black pickguard or in Azure Metallic, Orange Stain and Walnut Stain with silver pickguard. All models feature nickel hardware.
It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
- Color : Azure Metallic
- Country Of Origin : CN
- Orientation : Right-Hand
- Series : Electromatic®
- Fingerboard Material : Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius : 12" (305 mm)
- Headstock Binding : White
- Neck Construction : Set-Neck
- Neck Finish : Gloss
- Neck Material : Maple
- Neck Shape : Classic "C"
- Number of Frets : 22
- Nut Material : Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width : 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays : Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Side Dots : Black
- String Nut : Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Body : Laminated Maple
- Body Back : Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Binding : White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Body Material : Laminated Maple
- Body Shape : Electromatic® Hollow Body
- Body Style : Gretsch® Hollow Body Guitars
- Body Top : Arched Laminated Maple
- Bracing : Trestle Block
- Cutaway : Single Cutaway
- Sound Hole : F-Holes, Bound
- Waist : 9.625" (244.48 mm)
- Bridge : Adjusto-Matic™ with Secured Laurel Base
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece : Bigsby® B60
- Bridge Mounting : Secured
- Control Knobs : G-Arrow
- Hardware Finish : Nickel
- Pickguard : Silver Plexi w/ Black Gretsch® & Electromatic® Logos
- Pickup Covers : Nickel
- Strap Buttons : Gretsch® Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Strings : Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines : Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Bridge Pickup : FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- Controls : Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
- Neck Pickup : FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- Pickup Configuration : Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Switching : 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.