Serial Number: JT22041535 | Weight: 8lbs 13oz
Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay tribute to the groundbreaking rhythm guitarist with the all-new G6131G-MY-RB Limited Malcolm Young Signature Jet™ in Vintage Firebird Red.
Nicknamed “The Beast,” Young used this Firebird Red iteration of the guitar in early AC/DC performances and music videos including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the paint job.
To recreate Young’s earliest days with the instrument, the G6131G-MY-RB signature model comes equipped with TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity Filter’Tron bridge and neck pickups that replicate the unmistakable vintage Gretsch voicing, along with an added TV Jones Starwood humbucker in the middle for clear and punchy tone.
Built to rattle foundations in true Malcolm fashion, the G6131G-MY-RB Limited Malcolm Young Signature Jet also features a lightly aged finish, 12”-radius bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets (plus zero fret), aged pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays, bone nut, harmonica-style Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned ebony base, ‘60s Jet vibrato tailpiece, Schaller® die-cast tuners, black pickguard, G-arrow control knobs and aged gold hardware.
- Body Material: Mahogany with Arched Maple Top
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Bracing: Chambered
- Upper Bout: 10.5” (267 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.5” (343 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219.08 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22 (Plus Zero Fret), Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Side Dots: Red
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Schaller® Diecast
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Harmonica Style Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Gretsch® ‘60s Jet Vibrato
- Pickguard: Black Plexi Pickguard with White Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity (Bridge & Neck), TV Jones® Starwood Humbucker (Middle)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch, 3-Position Stand-By Switch
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 3. (Middle Pickup), Master Volume
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included G6238 Gretsch® Deluxe Solid Body Hardshell (p/n 099-6410-000)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.