Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom designed black EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger, with a low-friction volume control for smooth swells and a high-friction tone control that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is available in Burgundy Mist Metallic, Deep Purple Metallic or Ice Blue Metallic finishes with a matching headstock. The Burgundy Mist Metallic model features black body binding and black hardware, while the Deep Purple Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic models feature cream body binding and chrome hardware.
- 25.5” scale length
- Basswood body with arched top
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
- Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with a hand-rubbed urethane finish on the back
- 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
- Dual direct mount EVH® Wolfgang® humbucking pickups
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and R2 locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna®
- Three-way toggle switch, volume control (500K EVH Bourns® Low Friction Pot) and tone (250K EVH Bourns High Friction) control
- Available in Burgundy Mist Metallic, Deep Purple Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic with matching headstock; Burgundy Mist Metallic features black body binding and black hardware, while Deep Purple Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic feature cream body binding and chrome hardware
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.