The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
Just one year after launching the Broadcaster®, Fender received a cease-and-desist telegram from the Fred Gretsch Mfg. Co. and was faced with renaming its flagship electric guitar. Taking inspiration from the booming growth and expansive reach of television, the first blackguard Telecaster rolled off the line in 1951, and the model has been in continuous production ever since. Deceptively simple and totally groundbreaking, the Telecaster® brought the solid body electric guitar to the masses, inspiring countless musicians along the way.
The American Vintage II 1951 Telecaster features an ash body finished in Butterscotch Blonde to capture the tone and look of the original. The substantial ‘51 “U”-shaped hard rock maple neck plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1951, 12th fret face-dot spacing is narrow and the sole Phillips-head fastener on the guitar is at the truss rod nut. The triple brass saddle bridge, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and Pure Vintage '51 Telecaster pickups deliver classic twang and authentic Fender style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- SERIES : American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION : Right-Hand
- COLOR : Butterscotch Blonde
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : US
- HEADSTOCK : Telecaster®
- NECK MATERIAL : 1-Piece Maple
- NECK FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE : 1951 "U"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION : 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL : Maple
- POSITION INLAYS : Black Dot
- SIDE DOTS : Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS : 21
- TRUSS ROD : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT : Bone
- NUT WIDTH : 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL : Bone
- BODY : Ash
- BODY FINISH : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE : Telecaster®
- BODY MATERIAL : Ash
- BRIDGE : Pure Vintage 3-Saddle Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles, Serialized
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE : Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING : 4-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD : 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- PICKUP COVERS : Neck: Chrome; Bridge: Black
- CONTROL KNOBS : Knurled Dome
- SWITCH TIP : Barrel Style, Black
- HARDWARE FINISH : Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES : Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- STRING TREES : Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS : Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- NECK PLATE : 4-Bolt
- STRAP BUTTONS : Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP : Pure Vintage '51 Single-Coil Tele®
- NECK PICKUP : Pure Vintage '51 Single-Coil Tele®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION : SS
- CONTROLS : Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING : 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- FRET SIZE : Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- CASE/ GIG BAG : Vintage-Style Tweed (Crushed Red Interior)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.